Sunday, October 2, 2011

Letting Go

A year ago, I found myself in a precarious situation. I was transitioning in many ways. I had left my job a few months before, and I was preparing to go to Israel. I was moving from a place of having a steady income to living on support, and I was healing from the wounds of a past failure due to unwise actions on my part. While moving towards the future, I was clinging to the past and refusing to let go of guilt and a hope in my own ability I had held far too long. Finally the LORD visited me, and this is what happened:

I stood before the LORD, and He asked me who or what would I choose. I couldn't hold onto both. It was then that I noticed my hands were closed into tight fist, clutching guilt from the past. It was guilt over things I didn't do right or I didn't put enough into, and areas where I felt I dishonored God. He called me fair. He said I was spotless in righteousness. Not my own righteousness, but in His. I chose Him. I let go of it all and put my arms around my LORD. I held tightly to Him with all my strength and closed my eyes. We began to ascend into the heavens. I opened my eyes to see it all below me. His love transcends it all. When we are found in His love, nothing can come near us, because we are above it all, seated in heavenly places with the God of the Universe. He is King, and in everything, for better or for worse, I will always choose Him. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment