Tuesday, October 19, 2010

He is Faithful

I stake my life on this one statement: God is faithful. Without this truth, the world would cease to exist. It encompasses so much and one thing. He is constant. His constancy is a promise to us of life and not death, to those who seek His face. He says so, and He has to stand by His word, otherwise He would not be faithful and the world would not be. Consider a person you know who lies. How often do you doubt that person’s words? How often do you act on what they say without questioning it? How often do you take that person’s word as law without second thought? We may not even consciously hold those lies against that person, but trust is lost when lies abound. Sadly, God Himself does not lie, and we don’t trust Him. He does everything He promises to do. It may not happen when or how we think it should, but He comes through every time, and still, we have a hard time believing and trusting Him. The other day, I thought about His grace. It’s one thing I can rely on, because He is faithful. I thought about how we find ourselves in situations, and we know they could’ve been worst if not for His grace. Then, it occurred to me that there are so many other similar situations that we miss having to endure because of His grace. He covers things we did not even know we needed covering from. I wondered how many prayers have I prayed and how many things have I desired that would lead me further away from Him and towards death? It sounds dramatic, but what situations has He saved me from in order to prolong my life? There are moments I can recall in which I know He saved me from death, but how many more do I not realize because of His mercy and grace? Because He protected me and gave me something better…something transforming. We pray, and God answers. He is faithful. It’s apart of the relationship that we have with Him. He always answers. It may not be when we think we need it, or what we think we need, or how we think we need it, but He answers us in His grace. It is exactly what we need to live, to love, and to pursue Him. When you find things aren’t working out the way you plan them to or thought they would, it’s not because He didn’t answer your prayers. He is working it out for your good. Whether He’s showing you that the job or person you’ve been praying for isn’t His best for you, or asking you to wait for something, it’s in His faithfulness that He does so. He loves you, and He has His best in mind for you at all cost. At times, it costs those things we hold so dear to our hearts. Whatever the cost, I lay it down, because I can trust Him. It’s not always easy, but it’s always necessary, because through it all He is and will forever be faithful.

2 comments:

  1. amen, kenesha! also, if you have the chance, listen to this: http://www.capitolhillbaptist.org/audio/2010/06/27/gods-goodness-sovereignty. a wonderful sermon about the faithfulness of God ... it really did make a big impact on my own understanding of his faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ekta! I listened to it, and it was really good and timely. I encourage everyone who is reading this now to go to that link and listen to that sermon. It really is life-changing if you try to understand what he is saying.

    ReplyDelete