Thursday, April 25, 2013

Musings in Uncertainty


I was running, and I hit a wall.
Then, when the shock lifted and the dust settled, I found myself at a crossroads. 
Questions swirl through my mind: “Do I? Should I? What if I?”
All telling of the conundrum I find myself in
Between choosing a life I once knew and loved,
A life I could easily settle back into,
Or… staying and waiting for something to give so I can enter into a new place
The place I had hoped I’d be by now.
Do I stay or do I go?
Should I work or should I wait?
What if I…

How do you rest in a whirlwind of unknowns?
When all of your best laid plans get caught in an upward drift
And remain suspended in mid air,
Do you continue on the path of uncertainty
Or lay knew plans with your own machinations?

Oh, but the echo of His Word:
“Be still and know that I am God."[1]
That should be enough to defy the temptations.
For true rest isn’t found in the knowing,
It’s found in the only constant that always existed:
Jesus is Lord.
Long before the world we know was created
And far after it ceases to be,
He will be… and remains Lord. 
He is the only constant we can lean on,
The only truth there is to know.
Unknowns fall away when our eyes are set on Him,
And the path becomes clear.
After all, the light of all life is found in Him,
And with Him, darkness is no longer darkness. 

My questions are misplaced,
Because that miserable “I” has been their focal point.
The best focal point is Jesus,
And I’ve decided that my questions should follow the way of the answers.
Let them begin and end with Him.




[1] Proverbs 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment